The core uses a variety of tools and plugins during its build process. This sometimes requires users to make changes to their IDE so that they can compile.
- Ensure you have the latest version of Eclipse installed. Check the current version on their downloads page.
- This project uses lombok annotations to help reduce lines of code in some of the larger classes. As we move to more using more Kotlin, this will be removed. However, for now, the plugin needs to be manually added to Eclipse. Please follow the instructions on their website to set this up.
This should enable building and running of tests in the Eclipse IDE. To verify, in the
Project drop-down menu, select
In the Clean window, select the
Clean all projects option, and the
Start a build immediately and
Build the entire workspace options as well. Press
Clean to run a full build.
- Ensure you have the latest version of Intellij IDEA Community Edition installed. Check the current version on their downloads page.
- Ensure you have the Java 8 JDK installed on your system, and your JAVA_HOME environment variable pointed to the Java 8 SDK. If you do not have the Java 8 JDK installed, please follow the instructions here.
- You will need to install the lombok plugin. Follow the instructions here.
This should enable the building and running of tests in IntelliJ.
Apache NetBeans Users
- Follow the steps in the Intellij Users section above.